Calls cost up to 7p per minute for 0845 and 0844 numbers, plus your telephone company’s network access charge.
Jobcentre Phone Number (DWP)We will forward you call to the Department of Work and Pensions Jobcentre Plus Click to call 0845 459 0293
Jobcentre Contact Phone Number
If you wish to speak to someone, you can click to call 0845 459 0293. The DWP will help you with your query and help you with a new or existing claim. If you wish to start a claim for Jobseekers (JA), Employment Support Allowance (ESA), phone the DWP for help. They can also help you claim Carers Allowance (CA) or help you with Child Maintenance queries.
Useful Questions you can ask the Jobcentre Plus
Before you call the Jobcentre Plus at DWP on 0845 459 0293. Consider the following questions:
- How much is Jobseekers Allowance?
- How long does it take to make a claim?
- When will I receive any money?
- How do I get paid?
- Am I eligible to claim JSA?
- What changes in my circumstances do I need to tell you about?
- What documentation do I need?
- Do I have to attend an interview?
- What happens at an interview?
- Can I bring my children to the interview?
- Do I need a CV?
- Do I need to claim Universal Credit instead?
Help Getting a Job
There are lots of ways to be successful at job hunting. If you are successful, greatly depends on the sort of work you are searching for. Conventional methods for finding a job are looking at companies advertising for a position or role. For example, looking in daily papers and online job directories, such as www.jobsite.co.uk or www.reed.co.uk.
More common place in this digital age is LinkedIn. Try some of the more well known strategies. For example, volunteering or the Work Trial scheme.
Claiming Benefits UK
As a UK resident you are entitled to claim benefits, if you meet certain criteria.
- Low income
- No income
- Illness, disability or injury
- Extra support for dependants, such as children
- Caring for someone
You can make an application to claim benefits if your circumstances meet any of the above, but many of the benefits are means tested. These means, if you earn over a certain amount, you may not be entitled to receive any money.
About Jobcentre Plus (DWP)
Jobcentre Plus is a department of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). It is funded by the government as an employment agency in most towns or cities through-out the UK. Its purpose is to help people find work and support those trying to get back to work and find jobs. It was named Jobcentre Plus in 2002.
DWP has four organisations:
- Jobcentre Plus for Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA) and Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- The Pension Service for State Pensions and Pension Credits
- Disability and Carers Service for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and Carers Allowance (CA)
- The Child Maintenance Group for Child Support and Child Maintenance
Services Offered by DWP
Winter Fuel Payments
Cold Weather Payments
Disability Living Allowance
Vaccine Damage Payment
Personal Independence Payment
Job Seekers Allowance
Employment Support allowance
Phoning the Jobcentre
Most relevantly, you can call the Jobcentre Plus, between 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
Jobcentre Phone Number
We can forward your call to customer services, by using the number below.
Calls to 0844 and 0845 numbers cost 7p per minute, plus the standard telephone access charge for you telephone provider. Number Search is a call connection service. Hence, we are not associated with the businesses, companies or organisations listed in our directory.
Opening Times for Jobcentre Plus (DWP)